About this episode:
At the beginning of Nathaniel Hawthorne's short story, "The Antique Ring," we’ll see Edward proposing to Clara. However, before she accepts the ring, she requests a story that outlines the ring's history. Edward, being quite a prolific wordsmith, is happy to oblige and fabricates a Legend for the antique ring, Thus the story within a story.
Three Ways to Get the Most From My
Saturday Stories Podcast
I hope you enjoyed Saturday Stories this week. I always try to bring you stories that will entertain and inspire you!
Here are three simple ways for you to extend the value of the podcast.
1. Wordplay Wednesday
2. Seven Sentence Story Writers' Workshop - Friday at 10am PST
We'll turn "The Antique Ring" into a seven sentence story.
If you're struggling to get words on a page - this 30-minute workshop is for you.
3. "The Antique Ring" Close Reading Guide
And now you can use the show as a way to improve your reading comprehension, build your vocabulary, and develop your writing skills.
My FREE Close Reading Guide does all of this. Here's what you'll get:
- A full copy of the story.
- A listening guide with room for your notes.
- Five reading comprehension questions to test your listening skills.
- Suggested vocabulary with space to add your own words.
- A suggested writing technique to practice with space for notes.
Input your email below to get your FREE Close Reading Guide.