By Using Summit Writing Academy Forums ("the Forum"), you agree to adhere to the Forum Code of Conduct.
What information does Summit Writing Academy Ltd. obtain, and how is it used?
Summit Writing Academy Ltd. obtains the information you provide when you register for a course. Registration with us is mandatory. Please keep in mind that some of the features are course-specific and will only be available when registered for that course.
When you register with us and use the Summit Writing Academy Ltd., you generally provide (a) your name, your email address, age, user name, password and other registration information relating to your child (secondary email, child’s name, child’s age, child’s user name and password); (b) transaction-related information, such as when you make purchases, respond to any offers, or download or use Summit Writing Academy Ltd. from us; (c) information you provide us when you contact us for help; (d) credit card information for purchase and use of the Summit Writing Academy Ltd., and; (e) information you enter into our system when using the Summit Writing Academy Ltd., such as contact information.
We may also use the information you provided us to contact you from time to time to provide you with important information, required notices and marketing promotions.
Automatically Collected Information
In addition, Summit Writing Academy Ltd. may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile devices unique device ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browsers you use, and information about the way you use the Summit Writing Academy Ltd.
Does the Summit Writing Academy Ltd. collect precise real-time location information of the device?
This Summit Writing Academy Ltd. does not collect precise information about the location of your mobile device.
Do third parties see and/or have access to information obtained by the Summit Writing Academy Ltd.?
Only aggregated, anonymized data is periodically transmitted to external services to help us improve our service. We will share your information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement.
We may disclose User Provided and Automatically Collected Information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- with our trusted services providers who work on our behalf, do not have an independent use of the information we disclose to them and have agreed to adhere to the rules set forth in this privacy statement.
- if Summit Writing Academy Ltd. is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of this information, as well as any choices you may have regarding this information.
What are my opt-out rights?
You can stop all collection of information by the Summit Writing Academy Ltd. Writing Academy Ltd by ceasing to be a student of Summit Writing Academy Ltd. Writing Academy. You can also request to opt-out via email at email@example.com.
Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
We will retain User-Provided data for as long as you use the Summit Writing Academy Ltd. Writing Academy Ltd learning platform and for a reasonable time thereafter. We will retain Automatically Collected information for up to 24 months and, thereafter, may store it in aggregate. If you’d like us to delete User Provided Data that you have provided via the Summit Writing Academy Ltd., please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will respond in a reasonable time. Please note that some or all of the User-Provided Data may be required in order for your child to participate in courses offered by Summit Writing Academy Ltd.
<%= image_tag 'coppa_compliant_badge_solid.png', height: 100, class: 'float-right' %> We recognize the need to provide further privacy protections with respect to personal information we may collect from children on our sites. When we intend to collect personal information from children, we take additional steps to protect children’s privacy, including:
- Notifying parents about our information practices with regard to children, including the types of personal information we may collect from children, the uses to which we may put that information, and whether and with whom we may share that information;
- In accordance with applicable law, and our practices, obtaining consent from parents for the collection of personal information from their children, or for sending information about our products and services directly to their children;
- Limiting our collection of personal information from children to no more than is reasonably necessary to participate in an online activity; and
- Giving parents access or the ability to request access to personal information we have collected from their children and the ability to request that the personal information be changed or deleted.
About the collection of parent email address: Consistent with the requirements of COPPA, on any child-targeted site or application, or in any instance where we ask for age and determine the user is age 12 or under, we will ask for a parent or guardian email address before we collect any personal information from the child. If you believe your child is participating in an activity that collects personal information and you or another parent/guardian have NOT received an email providing notice or seeking your consent, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com. We will not use parent emails provided for parental consent purposes to market to the parent unless the parent has expressly opted-in to email marketing or has separately participated in an activity that allows for such email contact.
Email Contact with a Child
In connection with certain activities or services or in order to respond to a question or request from a child, we may collect a child’s online contact information, such as an email address, in order to communicate with the child more than once. In such instances, we will retain the child’s online contact information to honor the request and for no other purpose, such as marketing. One example would be a newsletter that provides notices about their activity on the site. Whenever we collect a child’s online contact information for ongoing communications, we will simultaneously require a parent email address in order to notify the parent about the collection and use of the child’s information, as well as to provide the parent an opportunity to prevent further contact with the child. On some occasions, a child may be engaged in more than one ongoing communication, and a parent may be required to “opt-out” of each communication individually.
Content Generated by a Child
Certain activities on our sites and applications allow children to create or manipulate content (for example, their writing projects) and save it with Summit Writing Academy Ltd.. Some of these activities do not require children to provide any personal information and therefore, may not result in notice to the parent or require parental consent. If an activity potentially allows a child to insert personal information in their created content, we will either pre-screen the submission to delete any personal information, or we will seek verifiable parental consent by email for the collection. Examples of created content that may include personal information are stories or other open-text fields. If, in addition to collecting content that includes personal information, Summit Writing Academy Ltd. also plans to post the content publicly or share it with a third party for the third party’s own use, we will obtain a higher level of parental consent.
About Verifiable Parental Consent:
- Email Consent. In the event Summit Writing Academy Ltd. wishes to collect personal information from a child, COPPA requires that we first seek a parent or guardian’s consent by email. In the email, we will explain what information we are collecting, how we plan to use it, how the parent can provide consent, and how the parent can revoke consent. If we do not receive parental consent within a reasonable time, we will delete the parent contact information and any other information collected from the child in connection with that activity.
- High-Level Consent. In the event Summit Writing Academy Ltd. collects personal information from a child that will be posted publicly, we will seek a higher level of consent than email consent. Such “high-level” methods of consent include but are not limited to asking for a credit card or other payment method for verification (with a nominal charge involved), speaking to a trained customer service representative by telephone or video chat, or requiring a signed consent form by mail, email attachment, or fax. After providing high-level consent, a parent may have the opportunity to use a pin or password in future communications as a way to confirm the parent’s identity.
- Teacher/Education Specialist consent in lieu of a parent. With regard to school-based activities, COPPA allows teachers and school administrators to act in the stead of parents to provide consent for the collection of personal information from children. Schools should always notify parents about these activities.
Certain activities that are directed to children allow users to communicate directly with other users by means of a forum/chat system. In most cases, these forum/chat systems employ filters that are intended to prevent the communication of both personal information and age-inappropriate words and phrases. In addition to filters, we may employ live moderation and/or encourage other users to flag inappropriate communications. We strongly encourage children who use these interactive features on our site never to provide personal information about themselves or any third party, and certainly never to attempt to circumvent our filters or moderation. We also recommend that parents carefully supervise their children when the children participate in online activities.
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop, or improve Summit Writing Academy Ltd. Please be aware that, although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
If you have any questions regarding privacy while using the Summit Writing Academy Ltd. website, or have questions about our practices, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.