An opinion essay tells the reader what you, the writer, thinks or feels about a topic.
Characteristics of a Personal Opinion Essay
- Opinion broad enough to require support but narrow enough to support in the length required
- Reasons are logical, objective and based on facts, evidence, observation or experience
- Reasons support your opinion not restate it
- Provided all the major reasons and they are understandable to the reader
- Organization - chronological, enumerative, climactic, simple to complex or problem and solution